Attorney Jonathan P. Budlong grew up surrounded by lawyers and judges. As a result, he grew up with a strong respect for the profession and, as he grew up, his path forward was clear. Jonathan earned his J.D. from Western New England College of Law. At the onset of his career, he was faced with exceptionally complex family law matters, including several divorce cases that involved criminal aspects and Child Protective Services. Such cases set the foundation for his future as an attorney who focuses on strategizing with clients, sets realistic goals, and pushes to achieve them.
Although Jonathan believes it is important to think outside the box and settle cases whenever possible, he is also comfortable with the court process and skilled in articulating his clients’ messages to the Court. Regardless of the complexities involved in a case, the key to success for Jonathan is preparation.
- William H. Hall High School (West Hartford)
- University of Louisville (B.S.)
- Western New England College of Law (J.D.)
- State of Connecticut (10/13/2000)
- U.S. District Court – Connecticut (2/14/2005)
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Litchfield County Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- While Connecticut does not recognize expertise in areas of practice, Jonathan devotes the vast majority of his practice to family matters and criminal matters. Additionally, his law firm handles a number of highly complex matters, such as those that involve domestic violence arrests, business ownership, or complex litigation.