Get help for your child's criminal defense

No matter how old a person is when they are charged with a crime, it's very wise to turn to an attorney for help. Juveniles can see their entire lives ruined before their eyes if they are not cautious about how their case is handled.

Drinking underage, making the mistake of trying drugs or getting caught with possession of drugs can all hurt your child's chances of growing up and being able to find a good job, obtaining student loans and more. A single mistake can end up significantly hurting their ability to make ends meet as an adult.

What should you do if your child is in trouble with the law?

It's important to call your attorney and let them know what has happened. They will discuss the case with you and find out which charges your child faces. The impact of those charges may vary, but your attorney can take steps to minimize them or seek alternatives that help your child overcome addiction or negative behaviors.

The fortunate thing is that the courts know that children make mistakes, and most judges don't want to penalize them for life for a single, one-off mistake. If your child doesn't have a history of offenses, this will help show that these behaviors are unlike them and that the court should go easy on them.

Our site has more on juvenile delinquency and what you should do if your child has gotten into trouble with the law. Learn more at our website, where you can research the impact criminal defense can have on your case.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us
Make The Next Move — Schedule A Consultation
Our lawyers and paralegals are on the alert, ready to receive and answer your phone call or email inquiry. Call 860-727-9900, or complete our online intake form. We pledge to respond quickly and attentively.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Budlong & Budlong, LLC
93 Oak St.
Hartford, CT 06106

Phone: 860-727-9900
Fax: 860-278-8109
Map & Directions

  • 860-727-9900
  • 860-278-8109 - fax